Roller garage door hinges need to be replaced occasionally. You can replace mime, once you know how.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Replace the Rollers Garage Door Hinges
- Purchase a set the door of the garage door hinges supplier or hardware store.
- Unplug the power cord from the garage door hinges from the ceiling outlet, if it uses a handle.
- Holding a pair of pliers from the head of 6 inches (15.2 cm) that is located below the first lateral hinge connecting the first and second section of the garage door.
- Use a socket wrench 7/16 inch (11 mm) to remove the nuts on the carriage bolts that secure the hinge to the door.
- Slide a flat-head screwdriver between the door section and hinge to pry the hinge that is located outside the carriage bolts.
- Replace nuts on the four carriage bolts and tighten them completely.
- Place the pliers on the track of the door, keeping 6 inches (15.2 cm) below the top hinge. Remove the nuts holding the top hinge of the garage door.
- Loosen the nut of the new upper hinge that connects the handle roller adjustment. Insert in the upper hinge roller and positions the roller and the hinge in position, at the top of the door.